Discuss your equipment, settings, techniques, software, or anything else technical here.

Moderators: EDGEY, DARKSTEP Records, Fexomat

Anders Albers
Likes Given: 1 time

Re: What you using?

Post by Anders Albers »

Haven't worked on much original music/soundtrack stuff in quite a while, but for the longest time I was on PreSonus Studio One.

But I recently downloaded NI Maschine 2, and bloody hell, what a nightmare that system is. Why do software companies feel like they have to reinvent the wheel when making their daw? Maschine with their whole group, scene, block system whatever it is. What a crock of shit.

Luckily, enough people complained about it, so NI developed something called Clips mode, which is a little bit more of a traditional left-to-right daw setup, so I'm learning that now. A lot of it seems like complete jackassery compared to Studio One, but if I can work it out, I might stick with it.

Music is slow, heavy, horror movie soundtrack type industrial, martial industrial with glitchy noises and orchestral parts. Here's a quick demo I did with my Artiphon a few months ago (using Studio One, before I jumped into Maschine 2). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNcdAijoXbc
tonkatim_amenkiller
Likes Given: 58 times

Post by tonkatim_amenkiller »

I mainly use FLS20 and a plethora of VSTs and other tools ... :evilslayer: :devil: :devil: :devil:
allyour BASS arebelongto ME !!! :devil: :evilslayer:
Antares

Post by Antares »

Renoise, Diva, Zebra2, DZebra, and Omnisphere.
Paralytik
Likes Given: 7 times

Post by Paralytik »

I'm using Reason (mostly stock plugs) and a bunch of hardware. Sometimes also Fasttracker II. For sampling, Audacity.
EDGEY
Likes Given: 61 times

Post by EDGEY »

I'm back to hardware, like it's 1999 again. Giving up the computer.

Paralytik
Likes Given: 7 times

Post by Paralytik »

Daym EDGEY, that's some heavy shit. Nice one.