Discuss your equipment, settings, techniques, software, or anything else technical here.

Moderators: EDGEY, DARKSTEP Records, Fexomat

Ceremony

What you using?

Post by Ceremony »

I still can't kick the tracker habit. Currently using Renoise...
Fexomat
Likes Given: 71 times

Re: What you using?

Post by Fexomat »

Ableton and iOS apps, iConnectivity audio interface to use both at the same time.
EDGEY
Likes Given: 61 times

Post by EDGEY »

Still kicking it with Ableton.
Zeptyche

Post by Zeptyche »

I used to strictly use FL Studio and Reason. But damn, I haven’t produced a track in 10 years or so. I have ideas and wish I could lay down the Dark Jungle stuff but I don’t have a way to really execute that stuff anymore. Old man Zeptyche.
Sinister_Source
Likes Given: 30 times

Post by Sinister_Source »

Still using Reason like I alway's have. Tried working with a few other DAWs, but I like the workflow of Reason.
EDGEY
Likes Given: 61 times

Post by EDGEY »

Zeptyche wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm I used to strictly use FL Studio and Reason. But damn, I haven’t produced a track in 10 years or so. I have ideas and wish I could lay down the Dark Jungle stuff but I don’t have a way to really execute that stuff anymore. Old man Zeptyche.
Download fruity loops or something basic to get back in the flow, and crank out whatever feels right. It doesn't have to be dark jungle - you can make whatever.
Sinister_Source

Zeptyche wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm I used to strictly use FL Studio and Reason. But damn, I haven’t produced a track in 10 years or so. I have ideas and wish I could lay down the Dark Jungle stuff but I don’t have a way to really execute that stuff anymore. Old man Zeptyche.
How about a Collaboration buddy? If your up for the challenge I'd be happy to help kick start your creativity. Always found a Collaborative effort personally helped me create idea's I never thought I'd get out.

We could work with stems totally up to you Zep?
RUSTYNAILS
Likes Given: 1 time

Post by RUSTYNAILS »

Alright all,

I use:

Audacity to capture/rip samples (i.e. film/TV vocal snippets)

Ableton Live for all writing, mixing, producing

An ancient (c.2001) cracked version of Adobe Audition to clean up audio (removing hiss and that), I still find it to be as good as anything
pharotek

Post by pharotek »

I switched over to Bitwig about a year ago, after using reason for like 15 years. Bitwig just works better for me. Also tried Live for a while, but that was just a nightmare to work with honestly, dunno how people get anything done in Live.
Sinister_Source

pharotek wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 pm I switched over to Bitwig about a year ago, after using reason for like 15 years. Bitwig just works better for me. Also tried Live for a while, but that was just a nightmare to work with honestly, dunno how people get anything done in Live.
Damn man!! How the hell are you longtime no see, we need to catch up brother!!! 🤘🤘